Sunday, March 13, 2011

Irish Lace Cookies



OK, so I know it's been quite a while since I last posted a recipe. With work, I'm finding that I don't have as much time as I'd like to be creative and bake. While I had the intention of designing a recipe myself to celebrate the upcoming St. Patrick's Day holiday, I decided to opt instead to search for a tried and true Irish cookie recipe. My idea, by the way, was to take this recipe here, and substitute the coffee creamer for Bailey's Irish Cream coffee creamer. I was then going to dip the cookies in white chocolate and sprinkle with green sprinkles - but alas, I wanted to make something a bit more traditional.

Plus, I used this cookie as an excuse to go to World Market - one of my all time favorite stores. I bought a jar of vanilla extract imported from Madagascar, and I had the intention of purchasing authentic oatmeal from Ireland for 8 dollars, until the realist in me went "no one is going to know the difference between oatmeal from here or from there" and I put it back. Although I did buy butter imported from Ireland, just to say that it did have something authentically Irish in it. :) All of the recipes for Irish lace cookies that I encountered had the same ingredients with different measurements. I opted for the one that used the most vanilla extract. So kudos to this: The Ultimate Irish Lace Cookie Recipe.

Tips: Really you only need to put a teaspoon on the cookie sheet b/c they do spread. Wait a minute or two before taking the cookies off of the sheet. And, if you do have a silpat, I highly recommend using that for this recipe too. I baked mine for only 10 minutes, I was able to put 6 cookies at a time on one sheet.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment