Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ginny's Snickerdoodles


Ready for fall? This recipe makes your kitchen smell AMAZING! The cinnamon just fills the air. I absolutely love this recipe. :) 

This is a recipe from my Grandmother. I have a collection of her recipes that she wrote by hand. I compiled them for my family and made a cookbook with them. 

Page 63. :) 

Preheat oven to 350

INGREDIENTS 

1 c. shortening 
1-1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla 
2-3/4 c. flour 
2 t. cream of tartar 
1 t. baking soda 
1/2 t. salt 

Topping -  
Cinnamon sugar 

DIRECTIONS 

Mix together the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Sift together and stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. (I'll admit I didn't sift together the dry ingredients before adding them to my mixer). 

Form the dough into small balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.



Then using the bottom of a glass dipped in cinnamon sugar press the cookies flat. (I rubbed a small amount of shortening on the bottom on my glass so that the cinnamon sugar stuck really nicely). 


Bake for 8-11 minutes. I baked mine for 11 minutes. After removing from the oven I let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for two minutes before moving to a wire rack for cooling. I yielded 50. 

Enjoy!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment