Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kudos for Greek Spanakopita Pie


This recipe is sooo good. Major kudos to Betty Crocker's Greek Spanakopita Pie. I'd never baked with phyllo before and I was really surprised at how easy it was to handle. I was really nervous about picking up all the sheets after they were assembled, but they held together surprisingly well. 


The recipe itself was very simple. The most "difficult" part of the recipe is really just the most time consuming - that being the time it takes to assemble the phyllo. Preparing the meat mixture took about 15 minutes to accomplish. The smell of parsley was just wonderful. 


The recipe took me approximately 2 hours from start to finish. Though, I spent a lot of time in my prep work. 

In the future, I think I'll add more feta to the meat mixture in addition to the crumbles you place on top.

Final verdict - Very good. I'll be making this again (with more cheese).  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment