Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chocramond Cookies

Let's start this blog off with a bang. This is the first recipe I ever created. I came up with this recipe in May 2010. I'm not sure if I had more fun designing the recipe or coming up with its name. The cookie got its name based on its ingredients. The flavor combination is that of chocolate, cranberries and almonds or chocramond. I can usually yield about 36+ cookies with this recipe using a cookie scoop.

*You'll need a food processor for this recipe.


Preheat the oven to 375

INGREDIENTS

1/2 c. softened butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
3/4 c. ground almond slivers (almond slivers are easier to grind in the processor. The consistency should be similar to that of the sugar.)
1 egg
1 T. brandy
1/2 t. almond extract
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
Bag of Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
1 c. dried cranberries (I use Ocean Spray Craisins infused with pomegranate juice.)

DIRECTIONS

Cream together butter, sugars and ground almond. Beat in the egg, brandy and almond extract. Next, mix in the flour and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries. Scoop out cookies onto baking sheet, leaving about an 1.5 inches between cookies. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan, place on wire rack and cool.

(I tend to take mine out at 7 minutes. Just depends on what you like.)

*You can always substitute the brandy for vanilla extract. You'll notice almost all of my baking recipes call for brandy. I'm not a lush, it's just vanilla is really expensive. I can buy a big bottle of dark brandy for 5 dollars as opposed to 12 dollars for the same amount of vanilla.


1 comment:

  1. looks yummy!! I'll have to try to remember to snag this recipe when I have time to cook!

    ReplyDelete