Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Harvest Cookies

This cookie is my newest creation. The idea hit me tonight and I just couldn't help myself. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I didn't have chocolate chips on hand, instead I had Baker's chocolate that I ground up and mixed with the batter. If you don't have time to grind up your chocolate you can easily substitute the ground chocolate for a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you are using chocolate chips add them in when you mix in the granola.


INGREDIENTS

1/2 c. softened butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
3 oz. ground semi-sweet chocolate (if using)
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 egg
1 T. brandy
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
2 c. Granola (I used Kashi Mountain Medley granola)
Semi-sweet chocolate chips (if using)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375

Cream together butter, sugars, ground chocolate (if using), and pumpkin pie spice. Beat in the egg and brandy. Then mix in the flour and baking soda. Stir in the Granola (and chocolate chips if using). Scoop onto un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. (I take mine out at 8 minutes and let cool for one minute before transferring them to a wire rack.)

I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I have. They are so yummy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment