Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Want S'mores?

This recipe was inspired by my best friend. I used to go on vacation with her family to the mountains. One of the things I remember is making s'mores over the grill on their porch. I wanted to design a cookie that had a similar taste and the "Want S'more?" cookie was born. It took me a few times of making this recipe in order to get it to taste how I wanted. I bought a box of cinnamon graham crackers and crushed them myself for this recipe, but you can use any kind you wish. I was kicking myself when I saw in the store that they sell graham cracker crumbs. Who knew?

This cookie has more of a cake like consistency, but it's still good.


Preheat oven to 350
*Important. Grease the cookie sheets.

INGREDIENTS

1/2 c. softened butter
1 c. crushed graham cracker
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. marshmallow creme
1 T. brandy
2 eggs
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1 bag Hershey chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

Cream together butter, graham cracker, sugar and marshmallow creme. Add brandy and eggs. Mix in flour and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop onto GREASED cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from pan, place on wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment